The 2023 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend is just around the corner. Things are getting real, real soon- got those final long runs on the calendar? You’ve got this! The 2023 runDisney Springtime Surprise Course Maps, Event Guide, and Waivers will be here soon- watch this space for updates! Here’s what we know so far. This is a living document and will be updated with new information as it is released.
Table of Contents
2023 runDisney Springtime Surprise Course Maps, Event Guide, Waivers, and Corrals
Why do we make this post every year when runDisney shares the info as well? Because, as they say, screenshots last forever.
And runners like to look back on previous courses and corrals and obsess a little.
runDisney’s information gets written over after every race, so having a historical document is handy.
Plus- we’re not a fan of the new Event Guide layout (and we think you may agree)- it kinda sucks.
You know it’s true!
We do this for all the runDisney events; so hang around if you’re looking for the Ultimate Guide to runDisney.
There’s a lot of runDisney.com stalking going on these days!
We’re looking for the new Toy Story 10-Miler course map, info about the Monsters Inc 10K, and of course, news about the Cars 5K.
It’s coming out soon, but while you’re waiting, we’ve put together this handy document that will be updated as information is released.
runDisney 101 Podcast
If this is your first or 50th runDisney event, you might want a refresher going into the weekend.
We put together a runDisney 101 podcast episode that answers all the runDisney FAQs you typically have leading up to the race weekends.
Take a listen to The No-Guilt Disney Podcast during your next training run!
You can also check out the runDisney guide for beginners which walks you through a race weekend.
When will runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend Corrals/Waivers/Course Maps/Event Guides Officially Drop?
March 14, 2022, was when last year’s race information was announced. We expect the 2023 race information to drop any minute now.
The official line from runDisney is “2 weeks before the race,” but they’ve come out about a month early for other races.
Since this is a relatively new race weekend, we don’t have much historical data just yet.
The best indication may be to look at the timing of the Rival Run Challenge Weekend if you’d like to take a peek at the race that was held during the same timeframe.
Here’s a reminder of how things work each year:
Typically the runDisney event guides show up first, with the course maps included.
You can also find some information on start groups (corrals) inside the event guides (usually an indication of how many corrals will be set up for each race distance, but no details on placement).
Corral breakdowns have NOT been released in advance for the 2022-2023 races, but we hope to pull together some guesstimates as bib numbers are known.
runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend Waivers
You’ll go to your runDisney Dashboard to find the waiver document to sign.
The Waivers do not have bib numbers or corral information any longer.
The bib number will show up in your runDisney Expo Pass a few days before the race. This year, we’ve been told to expect to see them on April 10, 2023.
The Expo Pass (see below) is what you’ll need to show to pick up your bibs and T-shirts.
Expo Check-in Pass
Here is the detailed guide to picking up your runDisney bibs from the Expo. Be sure to check that out for step by step expo experiences!
You’ll need an Expo Check-in Pass this year for the Springtime Surprise Weekend Expo.
The instructions say to print or take a screenshot of each Expo Pass for each event.
Don’t forget a valid photo ID to pick up your race bib.
Please note: the runDisney Expo Pass is not a timed entry ticket. You can visit the expo at any point and you can bring your family members with you!
runDisney Springtime Surprise Health & Fitness Expo Hours
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Walt Disney World Resort, Florida
- Thursday, April 13, 2023 | 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday, April 14, 2023 | 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday, April 15, 2023 | 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Springtime Surprise Weekend Transportation Details
- 5K, 10K and 10-Miler: Host resort transportation will be available. Times will be updated soon.
- Parking lots will be open for free parking for each event as well. Information will be updated soon.
- runDisney event transportation will be provided to/from all Walt Disney World Resorts, Shades of Green, and the Swan and Dolphin Resorts.
- There will be NO monorail transportation to any of the races.
- Transportation for Sunrise Yoga is listed below. You can also take your own via private car or Uber/Lyft drop-off at Hollywood Studios.
This guide to using Uber and Lyft In Orlando might be helpful.
*No Skyliner transportation is available to the race site during the race weekend. — this is only for the races! Skyliner will be running for theme park visits.
Sunrise Surprise Weekend Corrals
Bib numbers can be found on the Expo Pass, but at this time there is no Corral chart to reference.
We’ll be working on one after the event to hopefully reference for next year, but with Springtime Surprise having a different theme every year, this may not be helpful for future races.
If you are familiar with the way runDisney ran races in the past, this will feel familiar to you. Nothing has changed.
Mini-waves are still being used inside each start group and those are not pre-determined or selected. If you want to be in an earlier wave, get to your start group when it opens.
2023 Springtime Surprise Weekend Event Guide
Definitely take a look at the Event Guide and check out each section.
There’s a lot of great info here and you don’t want to miss it.
We go through it and pull the important items out here for historical purposes, but feel free to check it out as well.
As a reminder, a digital copy is the only one available; runDisney does NOT print these out any longer.
Spectator Locations for the Springtime Surprise Weekend
This was the spectator information for previous races.
We’ll update this section when the maps come out and help you plan where your family and friends can cheer you on!
- 5K: only available at the start and finish lines
- 10K: only officially available at start and finish lines, but the route does encompass the Boardwalk if you are able to make it to one of those hotels, you can see runners there. You can also see the runners as they enter Epcot from the Epcot bus stations. This would be between miles 2 and 3.
- 10-Miler: only officially available at start and finish lines, but the route does encompass the Boardwalk if you are able to make it to one of those hotels, you can see runners there. You can also see the runners as they enter Epcot from the Epcot bus stations- this would be between miles 8 and 9.
- Read the full runDisney Spectator Guide for more details.
2023 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend Course Maps
Where are you running? You cover a lot of ground during the races!
Here are the 2022 maps if you’d like to compare.
2023 runDisney Springtime Surprise Course Map: Cars 5K
Monsters Inc 10K: 2023 runDisney Springtime Surprise Course Map
2023 runDisney Springtime Surprise Course Map: Toy Story 10-Miler Course Map
runDisney PhotoPass Pictures
Our favorite thing runDisney has ever done was the change to PhotoPass photographers for a runDisney race weekend.
Huge improvement in service and quality of photos since they started this- much appreciated!
If you’ve purchased Memory Maker before the 2023 runDisney Springtime surprise race weekend, you can link your photos from the races using these codes.
They can’t be linked in advance, so just remember to link up post-race or the morning of the race.
Here’s the PhotoPass code info you need for the 2023 Springtime Surprise Weekend Races:
- 5K: 2023-STSU-R5Kx-xxxx
- 10K: 2023-STSUR-10Kx-xxxx
- 10-Miler: 2023-STSU-10Mx-xxxx
Enjoy The runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend
If you are looking for a little runDisney advice this year, stop by this post to read what some runners have to say about the events.
Here are some additional posts that may help you plan your race weekend.
More Posts You’ll Love
- Namaste! Everything We Know About runDisney’s Sunrise Yoga
- The Big List of Disney Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Where Can You Eat Outside At Disney World?
- How Do You Get To Disney World From The Orlando Airport?
- 5 Hacks To Max Out Genie+ At Disney World
- How Old Do You Need To Be To Run a Disney 5K?
- runDisney Spectator Guide: How To Cheer At Disney World Race Weekends
- Disney Genie 101 | Your Guide To Disney Parks New FastPass+
- Disney Packing List For 2022 | Printable PDF
- What NOT To Take To Disney World In 2022
- 5 Fab Things We Loved About runDisney’s Princess Sunrise Yoga (And One Thing We Hated)
Patty Holliday has been running Disney since 2011. She knows just about every tip, trick, and hack there is to cover the runDisney Magical Miles at Disney World and Disneyland. She knows every mile isn’t *always* magical- but with training, tips, and a little bit of pixie dust, they can be a lot of fun! You can also find her at noguiltlife.com and noguiltfangirl.com