Look, we knew it was bound to happen at some point. Skyliner down! Skyliner down! What wasn’t expected was how quickly the new Disney Skyliner emergency system had to be tested when it experienced its first crash. This made me think: if I was stuck in the air in one of those cabins for 3-4 hours, what exactly would I want in my Disney Skyliner Emergency Supply Kit? (Affiliate links included)
Disney Skyliner Emergency Supply Kit Wish List
Last night I had all intentions of going to bed early. But then DisTwitter got my attention (as they tend to do!) with the latest news from Walt Disney World.
There was a Disney Skyliner crash or accident or something going on over on the brand new Disney Skyliner route that had caused a major stoppage.
That’s right, the brand new Disney Skyliner had its first incident on Day 6 of operation.
Thankfully, no injuries were reported and all guests were taken care of during the October 5, 2019 Disney Skyliner crash. By photos shared on social media, the crash appeared to take place in one of the resort stations.
What is the Disney Skyliner?
This is a state-of-the-art transportation system that carries guests through the air.
You ride in custom cabins that can seat up to 8 guests and travel via cable lines to multiple locations on the Walt Disney World property.
This brand new mode of transportation is similar to what you’ll experience at large ski resorts but has been specialized for Walt Disney World travels.
Where Does The Disney Skyliner Go?
If you are staying at one of 4 Disney Resorts, you can board the Skyliner and take a trip to Epcot or Hollywood Studios.
Disney Skyliner Resorts:
- Pop Century Resort
- Art of Animation Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
The Disney Skyliner will whisk you from your resort to either Hollywood Studios or Epcot. You can also take the Skyliner between the two parks.
Disney Skyliner Emergency Supply Kit
Cool, cool, but… what about this emergency supply kit you mentioned?
Because emergencies can and will – and did!– happen, there is an emergency supply kit inside each gondola.
Last night, guests reported a message sent to them via the communication system letting them know where to find the kit and that it was appropriate to open it if needed.
Inside the Disney Skyliner Emergency Supply Kit was:
- Emergency Drinking Water
- Note Pad and Pencil
- Cups (puke? pee? ewww… but…)
What Wasn’t In the Skyliner Emergency Kit… But Should Be
This whole thing got me thinking of all the scenarios and what I’d like to have inside the Disney Skyliner.
I know, I know, they aren’t going to provide these things. But- maybe you want to go ahead and consider bringing your own before you board?
Cause this whole situation and over 3-hours up there has me in deep thoughts.
My List of Disney Skyliner Emergency Kit Supplies
- Female Urinal Device. Yes, this is number 1 because, well, Ladies, you might need to go number 1. Badum-bum! Look, nature is gonna call and I’m gonna have to answer. And this is a 6-Pack, so… you’re welcome, friends! No sharing needed (that’s a joke cause, ewwww, but all this is kinda ewww so there’s that).
- Emergency Blankets. I didn’t see this in the pack, but I feel like a few of these should be included. At the very least to allow some modesty for those of us who do need to use the pee cups provided!
- Protein bars or dried fruit. Diabetics usually have something on them, but just in case… some kind of nutrition should be on board in case of an emergency.
- First Aid Kit. No- really. ADD A FIRST AID KIT. How crazy is it that there is not one in here- just in case?
- Air Freshener. Ever been in the Seven Dwarves Mine Train queue in August? Yeah… think about that tiny space for a few hours with some strangers who maybe don’t have the best deodorant options. Just saying… And I’m sure they could make these super cute in the shape of a Mickey head.
- We all voted: a portable charger needs to be included for phones. Since communication seems to travel fastest via social media these days, Disney probably wants to make sure guests can get the details one way or another. So add a portable charger, Mickey!
Alright, what else would you love to have with you by way of a Disney Skyliner emergency supply kit? I’m sure I left something amazing out!
And not that Disney is going to actually listen to me and add them in or anything, but hey, can’t say I didn’t try.
The good news is that no one was hurt during the Disney Skyliner crash, but I can’t help but think we should all maybe plan ahead a little better. Just. In. Case.
More Walt Disney World Posts You’ll Love
Patty Holliday has been running Disney since 2011. She knows just about every tip, trick, and hack there is to cover the runDisney Magical Miles at Disney World and Disneyland. She knows every mile isn’t *always* magical- but most of them are pretty full of pixie dust at Disney!