Cast Members have enjoyed special sunrise yoga experiences at Walt Disney World in the past. We won’t lie: the pictures look serene and beautiful! Returning for 2024: runDisney’s Sunrise Yoga experience is coming to the Princess Half Marathon Weekend as well as the Springtime Surprise Weekend. Here’s everything we know about runDisney’s Sunrise Yoga.
Everything We Know About runDisney’s Sunrise Yoga
Yoga in Walt Disney World?
Sounds like a dream- or a wish– our heart makes… and it’s returning in 2024 for runDisney fanatics.
Springtime Surprise Weekend Sunrise Yoga will take place TBD for 2024.
Here’s what we know about the event: what it is, where it is, how to get there, and how you can prepare for your day in the sun salutation pose.
1. What Is runDisney’s Sunrise Yoga?
This is a one-hour yoga experience taking place at Walt Disney World.
The event is part of runDisney’s Princess Half Marathon and Springtime Surprise weekends.
Guests must be 10 years old and up to participate.
Participants will receive a yoga mat with a carrying case as well as bottled water at Sunrise Yoga.
2. Where Does Sunrise Yoga Take Place?
It is scheduled to take place in front of Cinderella Castle for Princess Half Marathon Weekend and at Hollywood Studios for Springtime Surprise.
And this is a first-come, first-served event! The early birds will be able to choose their yoga locations first, so you probably don’t want to be late for this one.
See below for the timeline and transportation options for Princess Half Weekend. Springtime Surprise info will be added later.
The actual location is subject to change according to the runDisney website.
3. How Much Does runDisney’s Sunrise Yoga Cost?
Sunrise Yoga, like most things Disney-related, isn’t cheap!
You’ll pay a premium to enjoy the serene views of Main Street USA and Cinderella Castle without the crowds.
Pricing for Princess Half Marathon Weekend:
Pricing for Sunrise Surprise Weekend:
4. How Do You Get To runDisney’s Sunrise Yoga? Is There Transportation?
UPDATED: Sunrise Yoga will offer bus transportation from host resorts for Princess Half Marathon Weekend. There will also be transportation for Springtime Surprise, but we’re waiting on that information to come out
For Princess Half Yoga:
- Bus transportation is limited.
- You must be at the designated bus stop for runDisney event transportation at the specific times (listed below). If you miss the bus, you will need to arrange your own transportation.
- You will be taken to the TTC (Transportation and Ticket Center) for check in. You will return to the resort via the Magic Kingdom bus loop.
Sunrise Yoga Bus Times
|BUS ROUTE||RESORT||PICK UP TIME|
|1||Disney’s All Star Movies Resort||3:30am|
|Disney’s All Star Music Resort||3:30am|
|2||Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge||3:30am|
|Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House||3:30am|
|Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village||3:35am|
|3||Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort||3:30am|
|4||Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort||3:30am|
|Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows||3:30am|
|Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa||3:35am|
|The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa||3:35am|
|5||The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort||3:30am|
|The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort||3:30am|
|Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge||3:40am|
|Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge||3:40am|
|Disney’s Wilderness Lodge||3:40am|
|Disney’s Contemporary Resort||3:50am|
|Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort||3:50am|
|6||Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter||3:30am|
|Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside||3:30am|
|7||Disney’s Old Key West Resort||3:30am|
|Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa||3:35am|
|8||Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort||3:30am|
|Disney’s Riviera Resort||3:35am|
|9||Walt Disney World Swan Hotel||3:30am|
|Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel||3:35am|
|Disney’s Yacht Club Resort||3:40am|
|Disney’s Beach Club Resort||3:30am|
|Disney’s Beach Club Villas||3:30am|
|Disney’s Boardwalk Inn||3:35am|
|Disney’s Boardwalk Villas||3:35am|
|10||Disney’s Pop Century Resort||3:30am|
|Disney’s Art of Animation Resort||3:30am|
Alternatives To Bus Transportation
If you miss the bus or just don’t want to take it, here are the alternatives to the bus.
- If you have your own car, you will have free parking available at the Magic Kingdom parking lot.
- If you don’t have a car, Uber or Lyft rideshares are your options.
- Walking paths and Monorails to Magic Kingdom Park will not be available. Everyone must go to the TTC first.
- Guests staying at the Contemporary Resort will need to take a car to the TTC. You cannot walk to the TTC or to Magic Kingdom.
- Guests staying at the Grand Floridian should be able to walk to the Polynesian, and then over to the TTC from the Poly. Ask a Cast Member for directions. Please note: the walk can take you up to 30 minutes to complete, so please plan accordingly.
Rideshares will drop you off at the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center).
All Guests must check-in at the Ticket and Transportation Center where they will be transported by Ferry Boat to The Magic Kingdom.
After yoga has finished, guests will leave the theme park and either return to the TTC or catch the resort bus at the Magic Kingdom bus loop.
5. What Time Do You Need To Be At The TTC?
Check-In Begins at 4:00 AM sharp! The parking lot will open at 3:45 am for guests driving in.
Security Bag Check will open at 4:00 AM for all ferry boat passengers.
Please note: ALL GUESTS must arrive before 5:00 am for check-in. There will not be any transportation to Magic Kingdom after this time.
Do You Need To Go To The Expo Before Yoga?
No! You check in directly at the TTC or in front of Hollywood Studios.
There is no need to visit the Expo before your Sunrise Yoga experience.
6. Can I Stick Around After Yoga And Visit the Magic Kingdom?
runDisney’s Sunrise Yoga does NOT include a theme park ticket, sadly.
All guests will need to leave the park after the event. You may return later if you have valid theme park admission and a theme park reservation for the day.
More Disney Posts You’ll Love
- runDisney’s Princess Sunrise Yoga Review
- runDisney 101 Podcast: Answering All the runDisney Questions
- The Big List of Disney Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Where Can You Eat Outside At Disney World?
- How Do You Get To Disney World From The Orlando Airport?
- 5 Hacks To Max Out Genie+ At Disney World
- How Old Do You Need To Be To Run a Disney 5K?
- Everything You Need To Know About The Princess Half Marathon
- How Much Does a runDisney Weekend Cost?
- Disney Packing List
- What NOT To Take To Disney
Patty Holliday has been running Disney since 2011. She knows just about every tip, trick, and hack there is to cover the runDisney Magical Miles at Disney World and Disneyland. She knows every mile isn’t *always* magical- but with training, tips, and a little bit of pixie dust, they can be a lot of fun! You can also find her at noguiltlife.com and noguiltfangirl.com