The runDisney races are back and there are basically 3 ways to register for races. Here are all the runDisney Registration Tips you’ll need for the 2023-2024 race season. There is a runDisney registration video walkthrough tutorial at the end of this post.
How Can You Register For a runDisney Race?
There are 3 options for registering for a runDisney race, with only 1 early registration option.
- Early registration as a Club runDisney member. Membership is currently closed, but current members will be able to register a week earlier than everyone else. This is the only early registration option available for runDisney; DVC and AP holders no longer have acccess to early registration. Travel agents also are not able to help with bib packages this year as an early registration option. If this changes, we will update ASAP.
- Register online at runDisney.com with public registration. The following runDisney registration tips will help!
- Register through a runDisney charity partner. Charities are going to offer race registration with fundraising requirements. Here are the posts you can check for charities participating in the race weekend. Wine and Dine Charities, Marathon Weekend Charities, Princess Half Marathon Charities, and Springtime Surprise Charities.
2023-2024 runDisney Registration Tips
Change is good and with runDisney it is inevitable. And things have certainly changed over the past couple of years with runDisney.
Runners are anxiously waiting to register for runDisney races for the next year.
And that anxiety will likely lead to a quick sellout.
In the past, some races sold quickly (looking at you, Wine and Dine!), and with the 2023 race registrations opening soon, you’ll want to be prepared.
Being ready and utilizing these runDisney registration tips will help the process go smoothly.
Registration Tip 1: Set Your Account Up In Advance
If you don’t have a runDisney.com account, go ahead and get one set up now.
- Go to rundisney.com
- Click the Help & Support Tab
- Click through to Manage Account
- Fill out the profile information completely.
runDisney Registration Tip 2: Be Prepared
You’ll need to block out some time in your day for registration.
It can happen quickly, or you might be in the virtual waiting room for a few hours.
Make sure you also have proof of time information for anyone running the half marathon or longer distances (including a webpage link for results of the race), t-shirt sizes, and date of birth.
You can register more than one person at a time, but runDisney prefers to have each adult on their own account.
But when you are trying to beat out others, if each adult cannot log in on their own, go ahead and move forward on one account.
But remember: this is a sprint, not a marathon! Fill things out as quickly as you can for each race and each runner.
Registration Tip 3: Go Go Go!
Registration typically opens at 10 am ET but sometimes you can get started just a few minutes early.
So start refreshing just in case you can slip in if they open the widow at 9:55 am for example.
Once you are in the queue to register, DO NOT REFRESH.
Some people suggest using multiple browsers or devices.
We’ve tested this theory and believe it to be sound.
Weirdly we have the best results when using Safari on our phones and the Edge browser on our laptops.
Why Should You Use Multiple Browsers To Register for runDisney?
runDisney will allow you into the virtual waiting queue before 10 am but think of it as a large holding pen.
There are no assigned numbers just yet and everyone in this waiting room has the same chance of being first in line once the clock hits 10.
At 10 am, runDisney seems to shuffle the waiting room and put you in line at that time.
Having multiple browsers just means you have multiple chances to be moved to the front of the line when the time comes.
While this information has not been confirmed by runDisney officially, it has been tested by multiple people over multiple races and seems to be accurate.
You can open another browser and check out these fun runDisney memes, as well!
Registration Tip 4: Prioritize By Race
Races sell out quickly depending on the distance.
Recent years show the 5K and 10K stand-alone races sell the fastest.
Challenges are next.
Half marathons and the full marathon usually hang around for quite a while.
Put the most popular race into the cart first and then go back and add the others.
Can You Register More Than One Person At A Time For runDisney Races?
Yes! You can register more than one person for a runDisney race, or more than one race for a single person.
However, you will need to add each race/person separately and this can eat into your time.
After you fill out your first registration, choose “add another registration” at the bottom of the page and go on to add another race or another participant.
Tip 5: You Can Use Gift Cards As a Form of Payment
We suggest typing your gift card number (or credit card number) in Notepad and doing a copy and paste into the browser when it’s time.
Using one payment is the only option, but it can be a gift card for runDisney races.
Make sure the card has plenty of room on it over the amount of the races AND the processing fee of 6.6%.
Please note: your registrations are NOT SAFE until you have entered payment and have a confirmation screen.
Just putting the races into your cart does not guarantee registration.
Preparing in advance to be quick with the registration form will help you get to the finish line faster!
runDisney Registration Tip 6: Skip the Extras!
You can go back and buy the pins and jackets and whatnot AFTER you get all the bibs you need. So check out your races first completely, and then go back and add the good stuff.
runDisney does sell out of these items, but not nearly as quickly as they run out of the bibs.
Same with proof of time.
If you plan to finish under 2 hours for a half or 4 hours for the full, you will need to include your proof of time to ensure proper seeding. But you can edit that in later!
So bibs first; pins and proof of time later.
VIDEO: runDisney Registration Walkthrough Tutorial
More runDisney Registration Tips
runDisney Registration Tip Checklist
Have the following on hand for EVERY runner you are attempting to register.
We suggest putting this information into a notepad on your computer or phone for easy copy-and-paste access.
Include your credit card information on that notepad so you can pay as smoothly as possible.
>>> Click On The Image Below To Download The Free runDisney Regsitration Tip Check-List PDF<<<
I also wanted to point out a great resource for the new runDisney runner.
I put together this mega-post of runDisney experiences.
If this is a new thing for you or if you just need a refresher on what to expect at a runDisney racecation, then please go check it out!
There are links to running costumes, past years’ Event Guides, corral tables, course maps, and a lot more.
The Ultimate Guide to Magical Miles
Hacks For New runDisney Registrations
- If someone else registers you, you can have access to that information on your own. You will need to have the individual who paid for the registration send an email (and cc: a second registrant who wants to manage their own registration) via the Contact Us section on runDisney.com giving permission to unlink the registrations. Please include the specific event category and participant information in the email. You will then be notified by Technical Support when complete or if they have any questions regarding the request.
- Social media is your friend. If you are not in a runDisney group on Facebook such as our group No-Guilt Disney, be sure to follow runDisney on Twitter. The links to register tend to show up in the groups first, so you might want to find a good one to join.
- Don’t enter your proof of time if you are worried about losing your spot; you can go back and add it after you register by editing your info through the runDisney portal.
- Open multiple browsers. Did we mention this already? Yes, yes we did. But truly this will help.
- If you are shut out of a race, you have options! Be sure to visit this post talking about how to register for a sold out runDisney race. runDisney Charities might still have bibs available as well.
GOOD LUCK! Hope these runDisney registration tips help!
More runDisney Posts You’ll Love
What Happens After You Cross a runDisney Finish Line?
The Beginner’s Guide to runDisney Race Weekends
Foolish Mortals: Mistakes at runDisney Races
Answers to Your runDisney FAQs
runDisney at Disneyland: Everything You Need To Know
Patty Holliday has been running Disney since 2011. She knows just about every tip, trick, and hack there is to cover the runDisney Magical Miles at Disney World and Disneyland. She knows every mile isn’t *always* magical- but with training, tips, and a little bit of pixie dust, they can be a lot of fun! You can also find her at noguiltlife.com and noguiltfangirl.com
Thursday 22nd of September 2022
Is is even possible for non rundisney members to get signed up? 0-4 so far. Giving up now.
Friday 23rd of September 2022
I'm sorry it's been so hard! But yes, it is possible. And there is absolutely a bit of luck in the process as well. We aren't club members but have gotten the races we are looking for this year, though it has been a challenging process.
Thursday 10th of February 2022
Hello, I’m looking to register for my first runDisney race !! Planning for Princess 5K 2023. When does registration typically open for this race? Thank you!!
Thursday 10th of February 2022
It has changed over the years. But most likely date will be sometime this summer. June/July/early August would be good times to keep an ear out for things! I'll update this post with any info that comes our way!