One of our favorite places in the world is the Happiest Place on Earth. But as they say- all magic comes with a price! Is staying at a Disneyland Hotel worth it? What are the benefits to staying at a Disney hotel? Staying on Disney property vs. off is always a hotly debated topic. Here are 3 perks of staying on Disney property in 2023 at Disneyland that may make it worth doing- despite the cost.
The Perks Of Staying On Disney Property In 2023 | Is It Worth It At Disneyland?
This is what feels like the million-dollar question: are the perks of staying on Disney property worth it at Disneyland? What benefits are there to staying at a Disneyland hotel? Does it really matter where you stay in Anaheim?
With so many nearby Good Neighbor hotels at Disneyland to choose from, we’ve generally advised that it was not important or necessary to stay on property at Disneyland.
But as Walt once said, “Disneyland will never be completed, as long as there is imagination left in the world.”
While he probably wasn’t referring to changes in hotel management and benefits, the general idea of changing things at Disneyland still holds true.
Especially when trying to decide if staying at a Disneyland Hotel is worth it.
We run down the benefits and perks of staying on Disney property in 2023 and share our thoughts on staying on property vs off at Disneyland in particular.
Disney Hotels at Disneyland include:
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- The Disneyland Hotel
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
Staying on Disney Property vs Off At A Good Neighbor Hotel At Disneyland
If you are a Walt Disney World regular, you know there is great value in staying on property at Disney. But does that also hold true for the west coast parks?
Is staying at an official Disney hotel in Disneyland worth it?
There are a few differences you’ll find when choosing to stay on Disney property vs off at Disneyland.
- The cost. The 3 Disneyland hotels will be much more expensive than the off-site options. Usually by a lot. The Good Neighbor Hotels gets a solid win in this column.
- The proximity to the parks. The Disneyland Hotels are all within a 2-8 minute walk to the entrance of Disneyland parks. Two of the hotels offer direct guest-only access to Disney California Adventure. The Good Neighbor Hotels, while also pretty close, will generally have a longer walk to the entrance. Most are 5-20 minutes away and will take you out on the Anaheim city sidewalks. For WDW regulars, breaking out of the “Disney Bubble” can be jarring. If you like proximity to your bed after a long day in the parks with the family, staying onsite is the winning choice.
- Resort vs Hotel vs Motels. What do we mean by that? The Disneyland Hotels will all have a resort feel to them with onsite dining, pools, and entertainment options. You can see Disney characters at the Disney property hotels as well. The Good Neighbor Hotels will range from a hotel feel to a straight-up motel with outdoor entrances and little to no amenities on site. Many do have pools, but in our experience, most are not anything to get super excited about as an amenity. Do they do the trick? Absolutely. But are they Insta-worthy? Um, probably not.
Staying on property vs off will always be debatable!
Staying In A Hotel With A Baby Or Toddler
What isn’t debatable, however, is everyone’s need for safety when traveling.
If you are staying in a hotel with a baby or a toddler, you may prefer to stay at a Disney property due to the location, amenities, and overall safety.
Walking back along Harbor Boulevard doesn’t always feel comfortable after dark. To be fair: we’ve never experienced any actual concerns, but we do keep our heads up and stay alert while heading to the hotel.
Being close to the hotels after the parks will make hotel stays with kids so much easier- the cost increase is likely worth it.
The Disneyland Hotel Perks in 2023: Do They Make Staying On Disney Property Worth It?
There are a few reasons you may want to stay on property vs off at Disneyland.
Most of them will be personal preferences; staying “in the Magic” for example may make paying a premium price worth it.
But there are 3 solid Disneyland hotel perks in 2023 that may sway guests to book on property for their next trip. These Disneyland hotel benefits just might be the change-maker!
Disneyland Hotel Perk 1: Early Themepark Entry Every Day
Starting August 8, 2022, all guests staying on Disney property will have 30 minutes of early theme park entry every day.
This may not sound like a lot, but trust us, you can get so much accomplished in those 30 minutes with limited crowds.
The previous version of this benefit was extended to some Good Neighbor Hotels. That is no longer the case. Early Entry makes staying on property vs off worth it in 2023.
Disneyland Hotel Perk 2: Next-Day Package Delivery Service
If you are a big fan of shopping and picking up souvenirs while at the Disney parks, this is a Disneyland hotel perk you will love.
We recently spied a weighted Haunted Mansion blanket and thought- WANT. But also, not until we get to Disneyland so we don’t have to carry it around.
When you make a purchase, you can ask cast members about Next-Day Package Delivery service at select Disney locations in the theme parks and in the Downtown Disney District.
Deliveries will be made to your hotel within 24 hours where you can pick up your package in the gift shops.
This Disneyland resort hotel benefit is only available for guests staying at the official Disney properties.
Disneyland Hotel Benefit 3: Coming Soon Preferred Dine Access For Hotel Guests
While this hotel perk at Disneyland isn’t available just yet- we’ve been assured it’s coming in 2023.
When it happens, it will be the game changer for Disney dining at Disneyland.
Preferred Dine Access will allow preferred access to a limited number of reservations at select hotel table service restaurants during the dates of your hotel stay.
This means those hard-to-get character meals at Goofy’s Kitchen, Napa Rose or Storyteller’s Cafe might be easier to nab if you’ve booked a room on property.
Are these 2023 Disneyland Resort hotel benefits changing your mind?
We think for some guests, it just might.
More Disney Tips You’ll Love
- How To Make Reservations For Disney World In 2022
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Tips: 3 Things NOT To Do At The Disney World Halloween Party 2022
- 20 Ways to Score Free Stuff at Walt Disney World In 2022
- Secret Magic Kingdom Fireworks Viewing Spots
- 20 Ways to Score Free Stuff at Disneyland
- Time-Saving Disney Tip: Use The Single Rider Lines At Disney
- Is Haunted Mansion At Disney Too Scary For Kids? Parents Guide To Rides At Disney
- Best Ways To Get From LAX to Disneyland
- Disney Packing List For 2022 | Printable PDF