You’ll want to read this one closely in order to make the most of your Walt Disney World vacation. Here are 20 Ways to Score Free Stuff at Walt Disney World. That’s right: there are free things at Disney World Resort in 2022. Make sure you take advantage of them all.
Free Things At Walt Disney World In 2022
FREE! FREE! FREE! As far as the eye can see- there are free things at Disney World
No, we’re not crazy, thank you very much, but we can hear it now.
What in the WORLD is she talking about, free things at Walt Disney World? Girl, those tickets and resort hotels are expensive! Don’t even get me started on airfare or transportation from MCO to Disney. It costs a LOT to go to Disney World!
Yes, this is true. We won’t even pretend argue that point.
However, we know you’re going. You know you’re going. Disney knows you’re going.
So you might as well get the most bang for your buck while you are there. Here’s a list of 20 free things you can take advantage of at Walt Disney World.
20 Ways to Score Free Stuff at Disney World
Some of these are physical items you can nab for free at Disney, and some are free experiences. There are definitely some ways to enjoy Disney World without spending extra money.
Knowing these hacks for saving money at Disney World can make your next visit even more magical!
1. Free at Disney World: Yoga Classes At Select Resorts
There are some resorts that offer early morning yoga classes.
Get your zen on before you set your rope drop plans in action!
If you want yoga in front of the castle, however, you’ll need to spend some money on a runDisney yoga event.
2. Free Disney World Phone Apps
Like it or hate it, the need to navigate Disney planning via your phone apps is here to stay.
Luckily these apps are 100% free at Disney World to use.
Download the My Disney Experience app and the Play Disney Parks app, especially if you want to get the most out of the new MagicBand Plus (which NOT free, ahem).
3. Free Stuff at Disney World: BIRTHDAY DESSERTS
Is it your birthday? A Disney birthday is the best birthday EVER!
Table service locations will gift your birthday girl or boy with a special dessert if you let them know you are enjoying a birthday celebration at Disney World.
4. Skip The Lines For Free At Disney World
You’ve likely heard about the new Genie+ and Lightning Lane programs. It is a pay-to-play “skip the line” program that replaces the once free FastPass+ system.
But there are still ways to skip the long lines at Disney World – and it’s free!
Use this money-saving (and time-saving!) tip and check out the single-rider lines at Disney.
5. Holiday Freebies And Entertainment
Have your kids ever gone trick or treating at Disney World?
You can pay for the Halloween Party each year where you score free candy, that’s true. And it’s GOOD candy too!
But your kids can also dress up and trick or treat at many Walt Disney World Resort lobbies.
Be sure to head over to Fort Wilderness to see the awesome Halloween or Christmas decorations that are put up by the camping guests each year.
Visiting Fort Wilderness is free and accessible via a boat launch from the Magic Kingdom.
6. Free Cups Of Water And Water Bottle Refill Stations
Stay hydrated, y’all!
Florida don’t play when it comes to the heat and Disney doesn’t want you passing out.
You can ask for a free cup of water at any Quick Service location (and they’ll give you as many as you’d like!)
You can also use the free water bottle refill stations that are located throughout the parks. Ask a Cast Member where the closest one is to you.
7. Resort Hopping: Free Things To Do At Disney World
One of our absolute favorite ways to find free entertainment at Disney is resort hopping.
Take a bus, boat, or monorail from a theme park to a resort and check out someplace new.
You do not have to be a guest to shop or visit, but you may need to be one in order to park in their lot.
Use Disney transportation to avoid that!
The holidays are the best times to take advantage of this free thing at Disney.
Each resort has its own feel and theming and the holiday decorations tend to reflect that too!
Check out the Easter Egg decorating contests, the pumpkins, or the Christmas trees on display in the lobbies.
8. Free Stuff at Disney World: Maps, Guides, and Celebration Buttons
All of these are free things you can pick up at Disney.
The celebration buttons will be available at your hotel lobby concierge or guest services in the parks.
The maps and guides are easily found when you first walk into the park; often a cast member will try to hand you one!
Special events will have special maps highlighting new things to experience, character stops, and entertainment times.
9. Watch The Magic Kingdom Fireworks For Free
Some of our favorite Magic Kingdom fireworks viewing spots are also FREE.
If you don’t have a ticket to the park but want to experience the show on non-holiday nights, you can head to the monorail resorts to watch fireworks.
You can also ride the transportation options which can give some great views from the monorail, ferries, or Skyliner.
10. Speaking of Disney Transportation…
The boats, ferries, Skyliner, buses, and monorails are all free modes of transportation when you are on Disney property.
If you have a transportation loving-kiddo (you know the one!) they will flip over riding around on the Monorail for a little bit of non-park entertainment.
And most of them offer free AC, so really, this is a win all around!
11. Free Stuff At Disney World: The Wifi
Considering how often you’ll need to use your phone for Genie+ or Mobile Ordering, keeping the Wifi strong and free is the least Disney can do!
You’ll also have free wifi in your resort and even on some of the resort buses.
12. Free Stuff at Disney Springs
There are a lot of free things to do at Disney Springs.
It’s free to enter as well.
Here’s what you can do without spending a dime while visiting Disney Springs:
- Boat transportation to Port Orleans Riverside Resort.
- LEGO building at the LEGO store.
- Live music and entertainment.
- Disney Springs Splash Pads. Let the gets run around and cool off (located by Early of Sandwich and the Christmas store).
- Window Shopping. This is the place where dreams are only a Visa swipe away! But leave that Visa in the wallet and just enjoy playing the “someday” game.
- Free chocolate at the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
- Free parking at Disney Springs
- Free play zone at the T-Rex Cafe
- Free jewelry? Don’t mind if we do! Stop by Luxury of Time in Disney Springs for a free necklace.
So many free things to do at Disney Springs, it’s hard to list them all!
13. Have A Free Professional Photo Shoot At The PhotoPass Studios
This one comes with a caveat: you do need to have access to Memory Maker in order to get your free photos.
But if you planned a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover or just want some special shots taken by professional photographers, the PhotoPass Studio is a great option.
There are two locations: one by Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom and one at Disney Springs in the Marketplace.
14. Free Scavenger Hunts
You can check with your resort and at Guest Services in the parks to see if they are offering any free Disney scavenger hunts.
These were very popular pre-2020 shut down, so your mileage may vary on what’s returned.
We put together a Magic Kingdom Pumpkin Scavenger Hunt for you to enjoy during Halloween Time.
15. Movies Under The Stars With Chip ‘N Dale
Lots of resorts offer movie nights, but only one also gives you a free character meet and greet.
Head over to Chip ‘N Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground for a free movie and chipmunk hugs!
16. Free Drawing Class At The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
Time to show your artistic side!
Take the train to the Conservation Station in Animal Kingdom and don’t miss the animation academy.
You’ll have 25 minutes to learn how to draw a Disney character.
There used to be classes at the Art of Animation Resort, but those have not returned just yet.
17. Animal Kingdom Lodge: Free Animal Viewing
After you’ve finished your drawing, head over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort.
You can walk the grounds where you are sure to spy plenty of animals hanging around just outside the lobby doors.
This resort is so unique and special, you just have to experience it to believe it.
18. Watch The Electrical Water Pageant: A Free Disney Boat Parade!
You can catch the boat parade every night just after the fireworks.
Head over to the beaches at the Grand Floridian, Ft. Wilderness, Contemporary Resort or Polynesian Village Resort to see a Day 1 Disney World attraction.
19. Sample Coke From Around The World At Club Cool
Listen, they are all kinda gross by American Coca-Cola standards (we said what we said!) but your kids will LOVE this experience,
It’s located in Epcot, so, yes, you’ll pay to get in. But the samples of Coke are totally free.
If you tell your kids Beverly is the BEST. SODA. EVER! you will either start an epic prank war or never live this one down. Because… it’s so bad.
20. Free Concerts In Epcot
Listen, you might be thinking, “sure, free theme park entertainment, big deal.”
And you’d be wrong, friend!
Epcot’s Garden Rocks and Eat To the Beat concerts bring in some super fun, nostalgic big-name acts.
We stopped by to check out the Spinners and their 1980s hit, Working My Way Back To You Babe.
Check out this lineup for the 2022 Eat To The Beat Concerts:
- July 14-15 – Baha Men
- July 16-18 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- July 22-23 – Tonic (NEW)
- July 24-25 – Jeremy Camp (NEW)
- July 29-30 – Taylor Dayne
- July 31-Aug. 1 – Tiffany
- Aug. 5-8 – Joey Fatone & Friends
- Aug. 12-13 – The Devon Allman Project
- Aug. 14-15 – Christopher Cross
- Aug. 19-20 – Journey former Lead Vocalist Steve Augeri
- Aug. 21-22 – Air Supply
- Aug. 26-27 – Blanco Brown (NEW)
- Aug. 28-29 – 98°
- Sept. 2-3 – Southern Avenue
- Sept. 4-5 – Kris Allen & David Cook
- Sept. 9-10 – Hoobastank (NEW)
- Sept. 11-12 – Jimmie Allen
- Sept. 16-17 – Los Amigos Invisibles (NEW)
- Sept. 18-19 – American Authors
- Sept. 23-24 – BBMAK
- Sept. 25-26 – Postmodern Jukebox
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1 – Stokley (NEW)
- Oct. 2-3 – Sheila E.
- Oct. 7-8 – Mark Wills
- Oct. 9-10 – 38 Special
- Oct. 14-15 – Robert Randolph Band (NEW)
- Oct. 16-17 – Newsboys (NEW)
- Oct. 21-22 – Ray Parker Jr. (NEW)
- Oct. 23-24 – Billy Ocean
- Oct. 28-31 – Hanson
- Nov. 4-7 – Boyz II Men
- Nov. 11-12 – Kenny G
- Nov. 13-14 – Sugar Ray
Those concerts are all free with your Epcot park ticket.
Don’t forget to grab your reservations!