Rise of the Resistance is the hot E-Ticket attraction at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. But here’s the thing: things at Disney are always changing. Starting September 23, 2021 Walt Disney World will no longer use the boarding group process. Until Genie+ and Lightning Lane are a thing, it’s standby city, baby! But Disneyland’s Rise of the Resistance will still be utilizing the boarding group process at this time. We have some crucial tips & hacks to get you in the best position to nab that coveted Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group at Disneyland. ps- these hacks and tips can also be used for for WEB Slingers boarding groups as well.
Table of Contents
Hack Your Way To a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group
Alright, Resistance Fighters. This is the data you’ve been looking for.
Here are the secret hacks to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance.
May the Force Be With You!
How To Ride Rise of the Resistance Podcast Episode
The No-Guilt Disney Podcast team talks you through getting on Rise of the Resistance: at Walt Disney World or Disneyland.
Take a listen- this information is accurate as of 1.29.2020
Tips To Grab a Boarding Group For Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland
- Turn off Wifi. For most locations, WiFi will slow you down. Unless your phone is showing 1 or 2 bars, turn off Blutooth and WiFi for this process. Close all background apps on your phone as well; let your phone know the only thing that matters is getting a Rise of the Resistance boarding group.
- You have two chances to get a boarding group: 7am and noon. You do not have to be in the park for the 7am attempt, but you DO need to have checked into one of the Disneyland parks for the noon option. Noon seems to be easier to come by than a morning boarding group.
- Confirm your boarding group party up to an hour before. In the app, navigate to the virtual queue and confirm who will be in your party that day. Remove anyone who is connected with you via the app, but does not plan on riding that day. Please note: everyone in your party will need a themepark reservation for Disneyland Park if you are trying for the 7am option.
Extra Tips For Grabbing a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group
1. Some sites suggest using the USNO Master Clock to determine the EXACT time, but we found that was completely unnecessary.
The only time that matters is Disney’s time, and using the refresh drag down plan worked every morning and afternoon for us.
2. Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue Tip: The newest phone typically wins! If you have more than one cell phone in your group, have EVERYONE try at the same time.
3. If you don’t get into the first queue, go ahead and set an alarm on your phone for 11:58 and try again for the afternoon! And if you have park hoppers, go ahead and try to get Web Slingers in the second boarding group window.
You can successfully get on both rides on the same day, but you do need to get on Rise before the noon window opens.
4. If the attraction is closed when your boarding group has been called, don’t panic! But do go ahead and take a screenshot of your boarding group number.
Once the attraction re-opens (and no, Disney does not notify you, you will have to check the app for the update) you will be allowed to enter the line.
5. If you are late, also don’t panic! The Cast Members won’t let you ride early, but they may feel some sympathy if you show up late.
We showed up over an hour after our boarding group was called due to a dinner reservation and they allowed us to ride without a problem.
More Disney Tips Your Love
Patty Holliday has been running Disney since 2011. She knows just about every tip, trick, and hack there is to cover the runDisney Magical Miles at Disney World and Disneyland. She knows every mile isn’t *always* magical- but with training, tips, and a little bit of pixie dust, they can be a lot of fun! You can also find her at noguiltlife.com and noguiltfangirl.com