Part two in the series: Bathrooms on the Disneyland Half course. Trust me, ladies, this is information you can use!
You can find part 1, the Disneyland 10K, HERE.
- The Month of August is FREE TOPIC month. If you are feeling the Back-to-School stress like we are, maybe you’ll appreciate a little topic freedom this month. Sound cool? We hope so!
We’ll be back with a list in September.
Bathrooms on the Disneyland Half Marathon Course
When you runDisney, you get to run through the parks. One of the benefits to doing this, besides being coated in pixie dust as well as sweat!- are the “real” bathroom options.
Skip the port-o-potties and hold out until you run through the parks.
Disneyland Half Bathrooms
This map comes from the USATF site, and it’s not the best, I admit. But I’m hoping this gives you an idea where to be on the lookout for potties in the parks!
UPDATED: Here’s the course from the event guide. It’s not much clearer on details, however!
1. The first bathroom is in Cars Land. It’s located right behind Flo’s Diner and is a pretty big bathroom. There’s typically a lot of ladies in line here, but as usual, men can breeze in and out. You’ll have to peel off course a bit to get to it (to the left).
2. Bathrooms are also found on the right near Animation Academy on Hollywood Boulevard.
3. Your next best option is the bathrooms right by the Carousel and California Screamin’. I stopped here one year as Jessie and Woody were located in the same area. My family stood in the character line while I made a quick pit stop.
By the time I was finished it was time to meet the cowboys!
I can’t tell based on this map exactly what happens to the course next. I feel like you will run past Ariel’s and around Grizzly River Rapids, past Soarin and out through the main DCA gate.
If that’s the case, then you have many bathroom opps on the way out of DCA!
4. The Paradise Gardens bathrooms are available, but really these are a bit off course. On your left! Just know they are there in an emergency.
5. When you turn left at Ariel’s Grotto your next potty will be on your right just before you turn at Grizzly River Rapids.
6. Directly across from Soarin’ is another bathroom (on the right).
Again, this map isn’t super clear for me. I feel like you are not going to enter Disneyland through the front gates, but through back stage entrance based on the drawing. This means you might see a Cast Member restroom open back there, so keep your eyes peeled!
If the route takes you backstage, it looks like you re-enter near Splash Mountain.
7. Hungry Bear restaurant has a nice set of bathrooms on the lower left. This will be on your left.
8. You’ll find a stop on the right-hand side as you enter Fantasyland. It’s near Village Haus Restaurant.
You’ll run through the backside of the castle but take a quick left turn back into Fantasyland to run around the Matterhorn.
9. There’s a bathroom at the 5K mark near the Alice in Wonderland ride. Because the 5K mat is there, I’m not sure you’ll want to run into the bathroom before your split is recorded. Just keep that in mind!
10. Down Main Street USA you can go left or right to bathrooms middle of the street.
11. When you exit Disneyland you should be able to find a bathroom near the entrance of the park. It’s on the left behind Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
I think that covers your options on the course.
Did I miss anything? Be sure to let me know if I did!
[inlinkz_linkup id=730333 mode=1]
Patty Holliday has been running Disney since 2011. She knows just about every tip, trick, and hack there is to cover the runDisney Magical Miles at Disney World and Disneyland. She knows every mile isn’t *always* magical- but with training, tips, and a little bit of pixie dust, they can be a lot of fun! You can also find her at noguiltlife.com and noguiltfangirl.com