It’s not a secret around here: you need a potty at Disney, I’m your girl.
Since I’ve been going to the parks with kids for over 12 years now, I’ve developed a 6th sense for finding the nearest bathroom.
This skill is extremely handy on the course of a runDisney race. One of the biggest perks of running through the parks is using the real bathrooms.
When you gotta go, you need to know where the closest bathroom is so you can be in and out as fast as you can!
This map comes from my Garmin. I added the smiley happy faces to indicated where the bathrooms are approximately located.
1. You enter the park near Cars Land. The first bathrooms will be located behind Flo’s Diner. If you are running in a group this might be a good time to have someone stand in line while you head to the potty. Multitasking is the key to a successful runDisney race!
2. Your next best option is the bathrooms right by the Carousel and California Screamin’. I stopped here last year as Jessie and Woody were located in the same area. My family stood in the character line while I made a quick pit stop. By the time I was finished it was time to meet the cowboys!
3. I included the Paradise Gardens bathrooms but really these are a bit off course. Just know they are there in an emergency!
4. When you turn left at Ariel’s Grotto your next potty will be on your right just before you turn at Grizzly River Rapids.
5. Directly across from Soarin’ is another bathroom.
6. Bathrooms are also found on the right near Animation Academy on Hollywood Boulevard.
7. When you enter Disneyland you should be able to find a bathroom near the entrance. It’s behind Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
8. Down Main Street USA you can go left or right to bathrooms middle of the street. Be sure to read some of the windows along Main St as you run by!
9. Your next stop should be as you loop back through Toontown.
The restroom there will be the only option as I don’t remember seeing any choices while back stage.
10. The next stop is between Frontier Land and Adventure Land. This will be to your immediate left as you come off the Hub and into Frontier Land.
11. And the final in the park option will be under the Hungry Bear Restaurant near the Winnie the Pooh ride.
12 & 13. Once you leave the parks you will run through Downtown Disney a bit and there are at least 2 more bathroom options on the path. I wouldn’t recommend trying to cross the crowds to get to them, however, as this is one of the locations where there was great crowd support on the course.
Here’s the most recent maps from the parks as a guide as well.
Hope this information helps you plan any stops you might need for your Disneyland 10K!
Do you avoid the Port-O-Potties on the race course?
Patty Holliday has been running Disney since 2011. She knows just about every tip, trick, and hack there is to cover the runDisney Magical Miles at Disney World and Disneyland. She knows every mile isn’t *always* magical- but with training, tips, and a little bit of pixie dust, they can be a lot of fun! You can also find her at noguiltlife.com and noguiltfangirl.com