Published on by
Remember when one complaint about runDisney was the lack of variety in medals and themes? Complaints heard and addressed with a new theme for the 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon revealed today.
Pixar will be featured at the 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon, including UP, The Incredibles, Monsters, Inc, and all the Pixar friends.
Sounds like Pixar got the most votes in that survey runDisney sent out a while back.
From the Disney Parks Blog:
Runners channel their beloved Pixar characters in almost every runDisney event, and we’ve noticed! The themes for our event weekend August 31 – September 3, 2017, will be:
- Adventure is out there at this year’s Kids Races featuring “Up!”
- Mr. & Mrs. Incredible are ready for the run. The Disneyland 5K theme is “The Incredibles.”
- Mike and Sulley host 6.2 miles of scares at the Disneyland 10K featuring “Monsters University.”
- Race to infinity and beyond with the pals of “Toy Story” at the Disneyland Half.
- Disneyland Double Dare: Celebrating Pixar Animation Studios
Who’s in for the races this year?
Magical Miles Travel can help you run the Pixar themed weekend- just let us know what races you are looking for!
Patty Holliday has been running Disney since 2011. She knows just about every tip, trick, and hack there is to cover the runDisney Magical Miles at Disney World and Disneyland. She knows every mile isn’t *always* magical- but most of them are pretty full of pixie dust at Disney!