If you’re just back from a Disney trip, you know this is true: re-entry is HARD. When you’re missing the snacks and the parades and the characters, you might just need something to help ease those post-Disney blues. This is an easy Disney copycat recipe for Dole Whips: it’s only 3 ingredients and is delicious! And perfect for when you need a little Disney at home. (Affiliate Links are included in this post)
Table of Contents
What Is A Dole Whip At Disney World Or Disneyland?
It’s magic in a cup, friends!
Okay, that might be overselling it a bit, but you know you are a Disney person when a trip to the Disney parks must include at least one Dole Whip float.
And if you are a big, BIG Dole Whip fan, you might even plan a trip around Dole Whip Day (July 21).
A classic Dole Whip at Disney World or Disneyland is a frozen pineapple soft serve poured into a cup and is one of the most popular treats at Disney.
On a hot day, nothing beats a pineapple float or Dole Whip cups
Dole Whip at Disney is gluten-free and vegan. Those with a dairy allergy can partake in a classic Disney Dole Whip.
It’s also pretty calorie friendly clocking in at about 90 calories per half-cup serving.
There are many variations, however, on the original Dole Whip Pineapple creation. And this Disney copycat recipes is NOT going to be vegan or gluten-free, so please keep that in mind.
Dole Whip Flavors
Throughout the Disney Parks, you may find some special Dole Whip options- some with a vanilla swirl ice cream.
Be on the lookout for these delicious flavors of Dole Whip and their variations:
- Lime Dole Whip (our favorite as a Peter Pan Float located seasonally at Storybook Treats)
- Dole Whip Lemon
- Dole Whip Mango
- Orange Dole Whip
- Dole Whip Raspberry
- Dole Whip Strawberry
- Dole Whip Watermelon
We personally think the Orange Dole Whip is the best- especially when you grab a Citrus Swirl float!
Before we get to the Disney copycat recipes for Dole Whips, here’s where you can find the real deal at the Disney Parks in the United States.
Where Can You Find A Dole Whip At Walt Disney World Resort?
Once upon a time, there were only 1 or 2 locations at Disney World to snag this fan-favorite treat.
Thankfully, Disney World realized we needed more options and gave them to us- and not all of them are inside the Walt Disney World theme parks.
Here’s a list of all the places you can find a Dole Whip at Disney World:
- Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom Park
- Sunshine Tree Terrace in Magic Kingdom (near the Enchanted Tiki Room)
- Storybook Treats in Magic Kingdom
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Animal Kingdom
- Trilo-Bites at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Refreshment Outpost in Epcot
- Marketplace Snacks in Disney Springs
- Wine Bar George in Disney Springs
- Swirls on the Water in Disney Springs
- Pineapple Lanai at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at the Polynesian Resort
- Barefoot Pool Bar at the Polynesian Resort
- Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas at the Boardwalk
- The Silver Screen Spirits Pool Bar at the All-Star Movies Resort
- Everything Pop Food Court at the Pop Century Resort
- Typhoon Tilts in Typhoon Lagoon
- Warming Hut in Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Food and Wine Festival in Epcot- seasonal and dependent on the menus each year
At the current time, there are no options for Dole Whips at Hollywood Studios.
The Dole Whip used to count as a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan, but that program hasn’t returned post-pandemic just yet.
Where Can You Find A Dole Whip At Disneyland Resort?
Disneyland Park was not the first park to get the Dole Whip (that honor goes to Disney World’s Magic Kingdom!).
But we think it’s the BEST park to enjoy this snack.
Our favorite way to eat a Dole Whip is while listening to the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the Enchanted Tiki (Tiki Tiki) Room.
Here’s the list of places you can get your Dole Whip at Disneyland:
- Tiki Juice Bar in Disneyland
- Tropical Hideaway in Disneyland
- Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill at Disneyland Hotel
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats in California Adventure
At either theme park resorts, be sure to use the mobile order option to cut your time in line.
You can also score them on the Disney Cruise Line and at Disney’s Aulani Resort in Hawaii. But we’d probably suggest holding out for one at the DOLE Plantation if you’re in Hawaii.
Easy Copycat Disney Dole Whip Recipe (For When You Can’t Get To The Parks!)
We cannot say enough about how easy this one is to make.
You’ll just need a few ingredients to make your copycat Dole whip and a blender, and you’ll be set with a magical treat at home.
And you won’t pay Disney prices. Ahem.
Here’s your easy copycat Disney Dole Whip recipe- enjoy!
3 Ingredients For Copycat Disney Dole Whip
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
Easy Disney Copycat Recipes: How To Make Your Own Dole Whip
I promised easy, and this just doesn’t get easier than these instructions.
Transfer to cups or glasses to serve.
Add a little pineapple juice and you have your very own Dole Whip- Disney copycat recipes
More Easy Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Unicorn Cookie Dip
- Easy Candy Cane Cherry Cheese Danish Recipe
- Disney Foods From Your Pantry
- Stranger Things Upside Down Sundae
Patty Holliday has been running Disney since 2011. She knows just about every tip, trick, and hack there is to cover the runDisney Magical Miles at Disney World and Disneyland. She knows every mile isn’t *always* magical- but with training, tips, and a little bit of pixie dust, they can be a lot of fun! You can also find her at noguiltlife.com and noguiltfangirl.com